The Top Ten Ways to Be a Food Consultant/Recipe Developer and Still Stay Trim and Fit
December 4, 2008
Being a Food consultant and Recipe Developer is my profession (thank goodness), but there is no end in sight to shopping in the grocery store, being in the kitchen, tasting everything and being constantly surrounded by food, desserts and more food. Food clients react strange at first when they meet me, and most of my friends don’t really think I actually eat anything I cook. Honestly, I do try everything no matter how good or bad (and most things more than once). I have to since this is my job. My friend and running partner, Jennifer always asks me, “How is it that you can be around food all the time and still remain thin”, so I thought I’d offer up my top 10 ways (that seem to work for me) since holiday season is upon us.
The Top 10 Ways to Stay Trim and Fit:
1. Work out at least 45 minutes of cardio a day and for me, 6 times a week. (I know this is a stretch for some, but you’re not in the kitchen like I am.)
2. Try a hot yoga class-you’ll sweat it out!
3. Try wheatgrass-awesome detox
4. Eat often, but eat small meals
5. Indulge in almond butter instead of dessert
6. Work out with weights
7. When you’re cooking many different things, eat small bites…just try everything and don’t deprive yourself
8. Don’t own a scale
9. Eat Fage Greek strained yogurt for breakfast and/or a snack. It’s high in protein, low carb and fills you up. (I stir in fresh fruit, honey and cereal in mine.)
10. If you cook enough and all the time like I do, you just won’t be that hungry anymore.