Happy Birthday to Me! Chocolate Cheesecake
March 7, 2009
Okay, yes, my birthday is today so deciding what to put up on the blog was tricky. I tried to think what are some of my favorite desserts? Coconut cake, carrot cake, chocolate cake and any peanut butter treats come to mind. I even thought, maybe a cupcake or a chocolate chip cookie, hmm. Well, after much debate, I remembered one of my all-time favorite cheesecake recipes from when I still worked at Southern Living. This version is awesome! The hint of pistachios makes it really special, and I’m a semisweet chocolate lover for sure. Enjoy this recipe for years to come for your celebrations.
Warm Chocolate Cheesecake
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
2/3 cup chopped pistachios
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Garnish: chocolate shavings
1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add 1/3 cup sugar, beating well. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and pistachios. Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. (Do not overmix.)
3. Pour half of batter into crust; sprinkle with chocolate morsels to within 3/4 inch of edge. Pour in remaining batter, starting at outer edge and working toward center. Place cheesecake on a baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Serve slightly warm with sweetened whipped cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Filed in Desserts, Food, Recipes, Uncategorized
Tags: Alison Lewis, birthday recipes, cake recipes, celebrations cakes, celebrations cheesecake recipes, cheesecake recipes, chocolate, chocolate cake recipes, chocolate cheese cake recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Christmas desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cupcake recipes, Desserts, Food, Food Consultant, Food gifts, Food Professional, Healthy recipes, holiday food, Holiday Recipes, Homemade Christmas gifts, homemade gifts, ingredients, Ingredients Inc., Nestle, Pistachio Recipes, Recipe Developer, Recipes, Semisweet Chocolate, Southern Living, southern living magazine, Thanksgiving Desserts, Thanksgiving recipes, weight watcher recipes, White Chocolate